Management consulting with proven results
For the best sports management consulting, there is only one name to remember – Bill Kostandas.
Bill specialises in growing profits and resolving pressing strategic business challenges regardless of whether you’re a national, state or grassroots sports organisation.
With over 20 years of experience, Bill brings a wealth of insights and expertise for you to draw on.
- Get a clear and unbias perspective on your sports organisation
- Gain clarity concerning your organisation’s vision, objectives and goals
- Gather deep insights into the sports entertainment dynamic
- Learn new methods to limit politics so competent employees can add value to your
- Discover improved cost reduction and profit-making measures to ensure financial
- Access invaluable business experience, tools and resources
- Receive customised results and solutions to help you kick goals for your organisation
and your sports management career.
6 Sports Management Blind Spots
Stay ahead of the game. Find and fix blind spots like these.
No strategic plan
Managing an organisation without an up-to-date business plan is like sitting in the spectator seats expecting to influences the outcome of the game.
Create a clear and profitable road ahead with advice from Bill Kostandas.
When key individuals are running personal agendas at the organisation’s expense, the bottom line suffers.
Regain control and keep everyone onside with Bill Kostandas’ consultancy advice.
Lack of Governance
The fracturing of authority and processes undermines growth. Ensuring robust governance is the perfect way to create clearly defined roles while implementing operational that keeps everyone happy.
Boost morale while streamlining processes and procedures with Bill Kostandas’ easy Governance hacks.
In the race to create additional revenue, priorities often get skewed. Consequently, the core business suffers and income drops, thus further compounding cash-flow issues.
Learn Bill Kostandas’ methods for taming strong personalities and resetting priorities.
No entertainment value
The key to long-term sustainability is to convince old-school thinkers to invest in new technology, social media, and digital marketing to engage sponsors, players, members, and spectators.
Use Bill’s data-driven approach to prove that promoting the entertainment value of your organisation will boost revenue.
Sometimes, an independent advisor backed by data-driven results needs to drive change that leads to growth and profitability.
Create a platform for change by introducing Bill Kostandas as a fresh face and the voice of experience.
Discover the 10 most common management blind spots in ‘Kicking Goals & Growing Strategically’.
Order your free copy
Includes FREE shipping
Please note by completing the form below you will be automatically signed up to recieve news from time to time.
Brilliant at solving sports business challenges
Problem: Membership for a public golf club was in decline.
In addition, the Club’s green fee player numbers were dwindling fast.
So the Chairman contacted Bill Kostandas for help.
Solution: Bill ran a critical analysis of the club’s revenue generation and business models looking for blind spots. Four main areas needed addressing:
- marketing planning
Success: Creating a strategic plan and implementing changes in each of these areas lead to:
- membership increasing by 15%
- interest from junior and female players increasing by 20%
- sale of food and beverage profits increasing by 8%
- hosting of a PGA Pro-Am event
- winning the PGA Pro-Am Event of the year.
Image for illustration purposes only
While the board members’ intentions from Football Club X weren’t malicious, their meddling in the operational procedures began impacting the bottom line and undermining the CEO’s authority.
Solution: Bill revisited the organisation’s governance framework, defining job descriptions for each Board member and the CEO. Plus, he introduced clear decision-making pathways for all levels.
Success: By listening to various points of view and mediating solutions, Bill was able to:
- boost the CEO’s authority
- curb disruptive internal politics
- give all stakeholders a sense of purpose and achievement
- streamline operational processes
- enable decision making for the good of the organisation.
Shortly after being appointed to a prominent football club, CEO James (not his real name) discovered his corporate experience hadn’t prepared him for the intricacies and nuances of running a sports organisation. James found himself struggling with:
- volunteer management
- negotiating with emotionally involved Board members
- overseeing multiple bottom lines
- competing for the sports entertainment wallet
- managing multidisciplinary stakeholders and constituents
- defusing irate supporters.
Solution: Engaged as a mentor, Bill fast-tracked James’s learning to bring his sports management skills up to speed. Next, taking a collaborative approach, Bill conducted an independent examination of the business for James.
Success: By supporting James as the CEO and fast-tracking his sports management skill set, Bill:
- reaffirmed James as a good hire
- improved on-field results, thereby increasing spectators by 10%
- boosted membership by 16%
- raised sponsorship by 11%
- implemented a strategic plan to grow profits.
Consult the best
Devise the best sports business plans, get strategic solutions, and boost profitability and growth with Bill Kostandas.
How management consulting works
All enquiries are confidential.